Cats/Outside cats!

Question
I have an outside cat and a couple inside catsss. so my outside cat has been pregnant for a while and just had her kittens, i havent found them but i know she had them. so i went outside and my inside male cat had one of her babies in his mouth and ran into a corn feild with the baby and when he came back out we couldnt find the baby. do you think he killed the baby because he felt threatened?

Answer
Hi
if this has happened then it would be a very rare.

Sometimes what happens is that after a female had given birth she goes into a false heat which can sent male toms a bit crazy and when they can't mate with the female they sometimes will try with a kitten which as you know is impossible but sometimes the kittens get strangled in the attempt, but again this is rare.

Why the male cat had it in his mouth is a mystery unless he is being protective of it and was trying to put it somewhere safe. Some male cats can be like this.

Unfortunately unless the mother cat can find her kitten or the male cat brings it back then I'm afraid it will die.

Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth