Cats/agression, antisocial behaviour

I have recently welcomed three 13 week old kittens into my family and my 18 year-old is so stressed out and has become aggressive towards them that they cannot share the same room. Help! The reason I got the kittens was to keep my older cat company as her companion died in January (aged 20).

This is a mistake that a lot of owners make thinking that when a cat losses a companion that they will be happier with a another companion this is rarely true unfortunately.
this is especially true if you have A very elderly cat and three energetic kittens. your older cat probably just wants to spend their later years resting and enjoying their home. the introduction of the kittens has obviously threatened your older cat and that is why he is behaving this way.
I can't unfortunately give you a answer that will definitely work as an old cat will find it much harder to change. All i can recommend is that you follow the introducing cats to each other here /introducing-cats.html hopefully it will help even if it simply calms the situation down.

I wish you every success and i hope that all your cats will find a place in the new home happily.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.