Cats/behavior of my oldest male cat

my oldest male cat has all of a sudden became very aggressive towards his younger bother who is not fix but not spraying at this time

This is a common cat reaction to another male cat regardless of their relationship with ech other. Cats retain all their natural instincts and things like territory and male dominance will play an importnat role in their lives.

the fact that your male cat is not neutered will mean that he will be giving off strong male scents in his urine even if he is using a tray and this smell will pose a threat to your other male cat. So his behavior is quite normal as he is trying to assert himself as top cat in the home.

The only way to calm the situation would be to have the other cat neutered as well then he will not pose so much of a threat to your older cat.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.