Cats/my best friend/enemy???????

i am so distraught.........bought this very cachectic kitten at 6 weeks old from store......he got very sick, i nursed him back to health.......grey/domestic........was in the vet hospital for 6 him to matter what i do he won't stop play biting....sometimes he attacks out of nowhere tho, i have tried squirt bottle, and time has become very disturbing. my husband and I work all day, but i am home fairly early.....3pm.............please help

you need to teach him that when he bites the fun stops and when he doesn't bite the fun continues. so play a game with him using string and other toys bit not your hands. If he bites you, you must stop the game, not make a sound, don't talk or look at him and walk quickly away out of the room and close the door behind him. You must do this same action every time he attack bite you, i know it will be difficult but if you make a sound he will see this as a positive reaction. Silence and end of game is abad reaction. If this is repeated by you over and over again with lots of fun games with other toys in between. He will eventually learn that biting will end the fun.

Keep strong and be persistent

good luck

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.