Cats/Is my cat in labour???

Question
My cat is pregnant and yesterday teatime she was leaking a discharge from her vaginal area.  There was no bleeding. She looks about due but I am not sure exactly how far gone she is. She has been sleeping most of the night.  Still no kittens have appeared. Could it have been her waters have broke???  How long do you think she will have before labour starts?? She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.  Please help as I am really worried about her. Thank you, Shelley.

Answer
Hi shelly i know it can be an anxious time for us owners too but don't worry, mother nature will take its course and as long as your cat is not in discomfort and is still healthy then things will happen when they are ready.

pregnant female cats may sleep longer so this is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is be there for comfort for your cat but should not get too involved just let the mother cat do what comes naturally, it is best for both the cat and the kittens.

best wishes Kate
/kitten-care.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth