Cats/cat problem

I have an 8 year old cat and I just recently found a white bump on her rectum. It sort of looked like a pimple but it began to leak a white puss. What could this mean?

sounds like an abcess it may have been caused by being scratched there in some way. There are other causes of limps on the rear end and the only real way to find out what it is is to get it looked at by a vet.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.