Cats/My cat won't pee in her litter box

Question
I have a cat who will not pee in her litter box. She started about a year and a half ago and has only gotten worse.  How can I make/train her again to go in her litter box? I am tired of cleaning up her messes. Do you have any opinions on how to get a cat to stop using my chairs as a scratching post? I have tried the rug post and cat nip and nothing seems to work. Thanks.

Answer
The best way for me to answer your questions is to ask you to read my pages about these subjects which i wrote specifically to help people in this situation. Here are the links.

/cat-urine.html

/cat-litter-box.html

/scratching-post.html

I hope the information will be of help :)

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth