Cats/My cats milk glands

My cat had a litter of seven. I gave away the litter and the next day my cat's milk glands were hard and odd shaped. I'm wondering if this is just a build up of milk or a serious problem.

It may depend when you gave the kittens away. The kittens should stay with their mother for at least 8 weeks it is important for their immune system and their behavioral needs.

I am not a vet and so cannot say whether the hard teats are a problem or not. Mastitis is an illness of these glands and so should they should be checked out by a vet as soon as possible.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.