Cats/kittens

Question
hi, my cat has just had kittens, there 10 days old and feeding well and very strong, lastnite i notice that 2 of the kitten had got a bit of green stuff coming out of  1 of there eyes and it was closing up, so i bathed them and got them to the vets this morning, well the vets have given me some gel stuff 2 put in there eyes twice aday to clear it up... but im so worried as he said it looked like a very mild case of cat flu, he said to keep a eye thet they dont get any discharge from there mouthe or nose, i just wanted to see wat u thought if you can help me, i took a cat to see this vet b4, and he gave me the wrong diagnosis then, and im just really worried, i thought it was just a general eye infection, he hasnt given them any antibiotics or anything, thanks for your time,x

Answer
Hi
this is difficult to answer as a discharge from an eye can be caused by many things, one of which could be a cold or an infection. As your kittens are so young as well they are prone to all sorts of infection.
If it were me i would make sure the eyes are kept clean and use the gel. keep an eye on them to make sure that they recover in a few days and that are feeding well. if their symptoms get any worse ie discharge is worse or coming from their nose as well then i would advise finding another vet to take them to for your own piece of mind. the first may be correct but if you have doubts then it will never be a happy relationship with them and you will always worry about their diagnosis.

Hopefully the cold will go away in a few days and all will be well

best wishes
Kate here is my page about cat flu for your information.
/cat-flu.html

Cats

Kate Tilmouth