Cats/kittens appear to be different

I just picked up two kittens that I will be fostering.  These guys are odd in apperance.  They are app. 3 weeks old. Their heads appear to big for their bodies. (way to big).  Their bodies are very short and squat.  Their eyes also appear way to big for their heads.  I have fostered many many kittens, and have never seen this apperance before.

it may be something peculiar to their breed. I don't know who you are fostering them for, perhaps you should ask if they know more about there background etc. I assume they have been seen by a vet also and perhaps they would have seen this before.

personally as long as they are healthy and appear to be well and happy i wouldn't worry too much. hopefully they will grow into their bodies as they say soon over the next few weeks.

Have fun fostering :)

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.