Cats/vestibular neuroligical disorder

Question
my catcame home on wed  falling to his side and off balance.  eyes jerking.  i thought maybe he had eaten a pot plant.  left him and took him to vets on thurs bec not any better.  ran blood tests. all great.  he's happy and eating but very off balance and head tilt slightly to the left. he's good walking straight but any quick movement he  gets off balance.  what causes this and do you think he will improve.  he tried to jump today and could not land too good.  anything i can give him to help him get better. any natural remedies or??  thank u
michelle

Answer
Hi
this sounds like a neuroligical disorder possibly like a stroke. I am not a vet and am surprised the vet you took him too hasn't looked further into the problem and done some tests.

This does sound rather serious to me and i think your only course of action is to seek further vet advice. I don't know of ant natural remedies etc that could help with a brain disfunction. There may be some prescription drug that may help.

I hope your vet can give you some better idea of the problem and how it can be treated soon.

best wishes
kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth