Cats/Cats voice has gone horse

Question
I just noticed that my cats meow has changed. It now is very horse. She is a 5 year old calico and is indoor and outdoor. She is eating normally, drinking and playing. I have read things like it could be thyroid, cancer and even upper respioratory problems. I have not taken her to the vet due to tight money situation. I was wondering if this is something that I can just watch and see what happens or if it is serious? Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi
It depends on how long this has been going on for. If it is only a few days then it could be a simple sore throat that will pass. However if there is a noticeable change and it has been like this for some weeks i don't think i would wait to be on the safe side. It could be something stuck down there like a seed which could become infected or any one of the things you mentioned.

Hopefully it is just a simple sore throat.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth