Cats/Kittens

Question
Dear Kate, i'm hoping you may be help me and give me some advice...
I adopted two 13 week old kittens 3 weeks ago, they were brother and sister and very close. Unfortunetly this weekend we had a terrible accident with the male kitten and he sadly passed away.

We are all devastated, but not as much as his sister. She is really pining for him and misses having another kitten to play with. I have reserved two boy kittens who are a couple of weeks younger than her to come and live with her and try and bring her out of her shell again (she has always been very timid).

I just want to make sure i am doing the right thing, and how i should go about introducing the new kittens to my existing one?

Many thanks

Answer
Hi
I am sorry to hear of your loss.

i can;t really tell you that getting another kitten is the right thing or the wrong thing as every cat reacts differently to different cats. But hopefully if you introduce them correctly they should at least be able to get along with each other well enough in the long run. I have written a web page about introducing cats to each other. i hope it will be able to help settle your new cats in. here is the link

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes
Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth