Cats/New kittens

Hi Kate,

I have just brought home two 13 week old persian kittens who are absolutely adorable. I am worried because they are very timid and shy at the moment and one of them in particular is frightened at any noise or movement.

I work throughout the day and am worried that they will not get used to me - is it possible that they will settle and become accustomed to their new home? Do i need to spend more time with them in their 'room'?

Many thanks

yes they will get used to and their new home but it just may take longer than you hoped, especailly as you are not able to spend as much time as you would like with them.

can i suggest that you have a look at my web page about bonding with your cat and also one about nervous cats. They may help to settle the cats.

i hope my pages will be able to help :)

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.