Cats/New kittens

Question
Hi Kate,

I have just brought home two 13 week old persian kittens who are absolutely adorable. I am worried because they are very timid and shy at the moment and one of them in particular is frightened at any noise or movement.

I work throughout the day and am worried that they will not get used to me - is it possible that they will settle and become accustomed to their new home? Do i need to spend more time with them in their 'room'?

Many thanks

Answer
Hi
yes they will get used to and their new home but it just may take longer than you hoped, especailly as you are not able to spend as much time as you would like with them.

can i suggest that you have a look at my web page about bonding with your cat and also one about nervous cats. They may help to settle the cats.

/new-cat.html
/scared-cat.html
/indoor-cats.html

i hope my pages will be able to help :)

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth