Cats/Paw on my face

When ever i hold my cat, either when i'm standing or lying down, she often reach's out to touch my face. If i push my face against her paw she starts to push against my face.  Any idea why she does this?

I have no idea but it sounds cute.

it may be a similar action to when they are kneading their mothers tummy, ie it may give them some comfort and if your cat associates you with their mother then it is just a throwback to when they were kittens. Really sweet

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.