Cats/Removing cooking oil from a cat's fur

Question
Hi there,
My eight-year-old cat Minnie is blind and stumbled into a bottle of olive oil earlier this week, which fell and splashed up one side of her.  She has a patch about the size of my hand that is sticky and yellow (her coat is partially white).  I have tried removing it with soap and water, but it just dries exactly as it was before.  She's not bothered by it, but it looks awful and she's not making much attempt to clean herself.  Can you suggest any way of removing this effectively from her fur?  I have searched the internet only to find that, conversely, cooking oil is recommended as the best way of cleaning a cat's coat!!

Answer
Hi
rub some talcum powder or corn starch into the fur leave for a few minutes and then brush out. the powder should be able to soak a lot of the oil up. luckily if is only olive oil it won't do him much harm if he licks it.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth