Cats/my cat

my cat has had problems in the past utilizing his litter box, we have recently moved and he is now the only cat in the house.  he has been doing very well at peeing in the litter box; however he poops right next to it on the floor. how can i get him to start pooping in the litter box as well?

this is a common problem and one that is not always easy or quick to solve but with a little persistence should be able to be over come.

Please read my page about litter box training and also see my cat litter page which has a product called cat attract which helps some cat feel happier about using the tray.

hope they help :)

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.