Cats/cat attack during sex attempt

I have a pair of cats..and my cat has come in heat for first time..however my otherwise gentle Tom Cat nipped quite a mouthful of hair off my cat's chest in an attempt to that serious..

unfortnately cat mating act be quite aggressive and can result in bites etc.

Unless the skin was broken there is probably nothing to worry about but if the skin was brocken it might be a good idea to take them to the vets to prevent any infection setting in.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.