Cats/kittens 1 wk old, momma exposed to upper respiratory

Question
I hope you can help.  I am so worried....my momma cat got out the first time in 3 yrs. and now she has delivered 3 healthy kittens.  The problem is this.  I rescued a kitten that died after 3 days and 3 of my cats became sick after this.  I have spent a fortune trying to make sure all my cats will be okay.  Momma cat sneezed awhile ago and it freaked me out.  I have her confined to a powder room away from all the others and even put a towel blocking air to that room. I did open a window a little in the room for fresh air.  Can I medicate a nursing momma while she is nursing?  I doubt it.  Will the kittens have any immunity from this from her?  I regret bringing the kitten here but it was so sad, all I wanted to do "was save it".  My vet wouldn't get me in with this kitten for 4 full days and I knew it wouldn't make it.  After the kitten died, they got me in right away with my other cats.  I am so nervous now about the tiny ones catching this.  Any advice you have will be much appreciated.  Vivian

Answer
Hi
hopefully the kitten will be getting stronger every day and that their immune system is getting everything it needs from the mother milk.

However cat flu can be dangerous in kittens as they are not up to full strength. However with lots of TLC they should be Ok.

Please read my page about cat flu for some ideas.
/cat-flu.html

Hopefully once the cats are strong enough and old enough the vet will be able to vaccinate them for this illness.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth