My mama cat had 4 kittens, they are about 4 weeks old. She has kept them hidden until we found them yesterday. Now she won't have anything to do with them. Do you think they are old enough for soft food? Or what should I do? Help

Thank you

yes after about 4 weeks they are ready to try some kitten food. Don't worry about your mother cat she is probably trying to train them not to be so dependant on her.

here is my web page about kitten care for your info :)

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.