Cats/kittens food/litter

At what age should I start feeding the kittens food?  At what age do should I introduce the litter.  They are currently 2 1/2 weeks old.  Thank you

you should have the litter tray already available for them to use. the mother cat will use it and show them what to do. this is the best way for them to pick it up.

As for the food, usually it is around four weeks when solid food should be introduced.

please see my web page about kitten care it has some tips on how best to look after your new brood during their early days. here is the link

best wishes and have fun with your new little family :)

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.