Cats/mother cats teats

Hi, my cat is due in about a week and her some of her teats have a hard crusty build up on them. She may have about 5 or 7 kitten and just wondering if she will be able to feed them

she may have had some milk leakage which has encrusted on her nipples. Or she may just have dry skin.

if i was you i would gently wash them with warm water and then after drying rubbing a little olive oil into them to try and soften them. It won't harm the cat or the kittens.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.