Cats/FEMALE SISTER CATS-A VISITOR CAME IN MY HOME-CATS WANTED TO ATTACK HER!!!

Question
MY TWO FEMALE SISTER SIAMESE CATS HAVE SAT TOGETHER, CLEANED EACH OTHER, ETC., VERY LOVING TO ONE ANOTHER.  I HAD BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL FOR MAJOR SURGERY AND A NEIGHBOR CAME IN TO VISIT.  SHE SMELLED OF CAT URINE AND MY TWO KITTIES, WHO ARE NORMALLY VERY CALM, BOTH HISSED AND STOOD UP LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO JUMP ON HER!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE!!!
SINCE THAT DAY, THE ONE KITTIE IS GROWLING AND WILL NOT EVEN GO NEAR HER SISTER!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO???  I HAVE CLEANED THE CHAIR WERE THE NEIGHBOR SAT AND SPRAYED THE AREA, ETC.  HELP!!

CONCERNED MOMMA

Answer
Hi
your cats are upset by strange circumstanstances and strange smells and are taking out their fear on each other, it is known as aggression trauma and is quite common.

You may have to reintroduce your cats to each other again over a period of a week to gently get them to feel secure in the home and with each other gain. This involves keeping them apart and introducing them to each other in a controlled environment and for short periods of time. See my web page about it here /introducing-cats.html

Don't worry it may take a week of so but if handles carefully your cats should settle down again and return to normal.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth