Cats/New changes

Question
We just yesterday got a new puppy, he has been trying to  chase the cats, but has stopped chasing and just stares at them occasionally. Today our cats started throwing up clear liquid, one has thrown up 4 times and the other only once. Could they be under stress or is it medical?

Answer
Hi
this is impossible to answer I'm afraid as yes it could be caused by stress or even fur balls. It is unusual that it has occurred just after the dog has arrived so the possibility of it being caused by the arrival of the dog could certainly be the cause. However for both cats to do the same thing would suggest that they may have eaten something that has disagreed with them.

keep an eye on them during the next couple of days and if the symptoms are still present, i would suggest a trip to the vets should be considered.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth