Cats/my cat and dog

I have a 5 week old kitten named hazel and I got her from church one morning because my friends were giving them away so I picked hazel. There is one thing I am concerned about.  How to help my dog(Nala) and a 5 week old kitten(hazel) get along. Hazel is a very kind and loving kitten but when it comes to meeting Nala she goes crazy! Please help me figure out how to solve this problem. Oh and for the record my kitten hasn't peed or pooped in 2 days please help me!

introducing your pets to each other must be taken slowly and with care to ensure that they can live happily together.

I have written a web page about introducing pets to each other (the process is the same for cats and dogs) here is the page

It should help you to settle your animals down together.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.