Cats/Is my cat on heat?

Question
We have a 6 year old female tortoise shell cat that we have had for 2 years now.
We have noticed recently small drops of blood on the rug.
She has lost no weight, still active and eating and drinking normally, however we have noticed her digging several holes in the flower beds but appearing not to do anything in them.
She has been neutered but we wondered if it was possible for her still to have a season or if there was more to it.
Thanks
Laura

Answer
Hi
If your cat has been spayed then no she would not go into heat again so i the blood is a sign of something wrong possibly a urinary infection. The only way to know what the problem is is to have her checked by the vet as soon as possible.

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth