Cats/my cat is hurt...

Question
I don't have any idea what is wrong with my cat! He has had Urinary Tract Infections before but we don't think that this is the same. He was fine this morning, but when we came home, there was vomit on the floor in several different places and he was no where to be found. When we searched for him, we found him on the top step to the attack in a dark corner. He hadn't eaten any of his food. For a bit we suspected a hairball, so I fed him a little bit of Vaseline, but he refused to eat any more. When I moved him to the living room to try to find out what was wrong with him, he started growling and meowing like it hurt badly. He is walking REALLY slowly and meows loudly whenever he moves. We thought that his front right foot was hurt, so I moved that and when I made it reach out forward he meowed loudly...which means that that hurt. His foot doesn't seem to hurt too badly though, because he jumped up onto my bed with no problem. We suspect his stomach or abdomen is hurt but we just don't know..can you help at all?

Answer
Dear Anna

When a cat appear ill in any way like this you must take them to the vets. It is the kidest and safest thing to do and quickly. Your cat may be very ill, the vet is the only person who will be able to find out and who can help. trying to second guess what is wrong is impossible.

Best wishes
kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth