Cats/my cat pees directly outside her litter box sometimes

Question
Hello, my cat is about 3 1/2 years old and has always been really great at going pee and poop in her litter box.  In the last 6 months, my cat will occasionally pee (not poop) directly outside her litter box.  Her litter box is in a spare bedroom closet.  She will always go in the closet, but sometimes not in the litter box.  She will go in the corners of the closet.  Sometimes I notice it after we have been gone for over 12 hours.  Is she acting out when we are not home?  Is she sick?  I don't understand why all of a sudden she is behaving this way.

Answer
Hi
this could be caused by stress when you are not around. it is not that she is acting bad she is just stressed.

Also ther closet could smell of urine and cats will often urinate in areas which still smell of urine. So the first step is the make sure that it is thoroughly clean. Please see my page about how to do this effectivily.

/cat-urine-cleaner.html

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth