Cats/missing cat

hey kate, i have recently moved house 1 month.  I know it sounds stupid but i let my cat out after the first week but she seemed to be fine.  one week later she went missing and has been gone now for 2 weeks.  she always stayed close to home and always came as soon as i called her.  she has been spayed but is not chipped.  she also would not let you put a collar on her.  i tried my old address and there is no sign of her there but i have neighbours on the lookout.  i have put up posters, flyers even had her on the radio i also rang everywhere so what more can i do.  is this normal for a female to do

sorry to hear that your cat has gone missing but this can be a very common occurrence even with a female cat. it all depends on the cats individual nature and if they are the adventurous type.

I have known cats to go missing for quite some time before deciding to come, that is of course if they haven't been given a home somewhere else. Which is why putting up posters etc is a good idea to let your neighbors know etc.

You seem to be doing all that you can to try and get her back. Don't forget to leave something with your scent on and her scent on outside as this can help them find there way back also.

i do hope she returns soon

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.