found a siamese in a box eight weeks ago. had her checked at the pdsa she fine. when i got her she was very vocal. the last few days she goes to speak an nothing comes out. any ideas?

hmmm well normall siamese are very vocal but then again sometimes cats do do what i cal silent mews.
It could be of course that she has a sore throat caused by ecessive mewing during her recent trauma.

My best advice would be to keep an eye on her for a day or so  and see if her voice comes back and that she does not show any other symptoms ie not eating or drinking etc.

Hopefully her voice will return but if you are at all concerned than only a vet will be able to diagnose the problem.

Hope all is well soon

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.