Cats/sick cat

can cats get colds? My cat is coughing, not eating well and when she meows it sound very faint like she has a cold or something. Can you tell me what it may be? Marilyn

yes they can and cat flu can be very severe see my webpage here about it /cat-flu.html

They can also just get minor colds just like us and can go off their food for a day or two.

Keep an eye on them and make sure they drink plenty to prevent dehydration.

best wishes

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.