Cats/Cat drooling

Question
Hello! So my older cat (8 years old) has started drooling about a week and a half ago. It is not just "drool", it is really smelly and kind of looks like pus. IT SMELLS REALLY BAD! It is really thick, and sometimes hangs from his mouth. He is an indoor/outdoor cat. No changes in his personality or eating. Do you have clue what this is or how to make it stop? Thanks!!

Answer
Hi
I would really suggest that you take him to the vets as soon as possible in case he has some sort of mouth or stomach infection. It is possible that he either swallowed something that has got caught in his throat and has become infected or he may even have a tooth problem.

Excessive drooling like this really does need to be looked into soon.

I do hope he is all right and will be back to his old self again soon.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth