Cats/Kittens just left their mother

Question
In early October I  took in a stray cat.  I later found out she was pregnant.  The kittens were born 10-7-08.  Today I found homes for her five kittens.  

She has been calling for them, how long will she be looking for them and is there anything I can do to comfort her.  

I feel bad about giving her babies away, but I am not in a position to take care of 6 cats.  

Please help

Answer
Hi
don't worry it is natural for a mother cat to be concerned about her kittens but in the wild they would have left her any way. she is probably just a little stressed by the fact that things have changed and the calling helps to calm her.

You can help her by distracting her from this worry with games and making her home environment more stimulating and interactive. Please see my web page about this here for some ideas /indoor-cats.html

I'm sure she will settle down again soon

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth