Cats/Missing cat

Hi kate, I have a one and a half year old Tabby called Tigger(not neutered) who has now been missing for 6 days - we started letting him out 6 months ago and he never went far and would come in every night - i have asked all the neighbours and have been everywhere calling his name but nothing. There are usually a few cats in the garden but they haven't been been around lately either even though Tigger never really got on with them. Could he have gone mating and if so how long do they usually disappear for - he's missed so much he's part of the family. can you please advise? Many thanks

i think you may have answered your own question. i think it is very likely that he has gone to find a Mate. un-neutered male cats will look for a mate all the time once they are adult and it could be that your cat has now become a full adult and is now driven by these instincts.

he could be gone for days even weeks , my sisters cat before he was neutered when missing for 9 weeks before he came home.

Please see my web page about what you can do to try and find a lost cat here /lost-cats.html

Once you find him I would really recommend that you get him neutered, this will stop him wandering and spraying and Caterwaulling as well as making him a more contented cat. It is a simply operation.

best wishes and I hope you find your pet soon

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.