Cats/Temporary home

I have left my home for 2 months for work and had to leave my cat with some very nice friends. They have another cat at their home and I thought he would be ok. I have contacted them and found out that since I left him he hasn't come out from under their staircase, hasn't eaten or had any of his water. It has been 3 days and i'm worried. Will he adjust to his new temporary surroundings? I am worried that he may never come out and will be miserable for 2 months until I can take him back home.

it is important that your friends introduce your cat to their in a way that they can all become more confident in each other. this will definitely help with the settling in period.

I have the process described on my web site here /introducing-cats.html

I know it may a bit of a nuisance to have to do this but it will really help all the cats cope with the new situation and could make the whole stay a lot happier for all concerned.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.