Cats/Temporary home

Question
I have left my home for 2 months for work and had to leave my cat with some very nice friends. They have another cat at their home and I thought he would be ok. I have contacted them and found out that since I left him he hasn't come out from under their staircase, hasn't eaten or had any of his water. It has been 3 days and i'm worried. Will he adjust to his new temporary surroundings? I am worried that he may never come out and will be miserable for 2 months until I can take him back home.

Answer
Hi
it is important that your friends introduce your cat to their in a way that they can all become more confident in each other. this will definitely help with the settling in period.

I have the process described on my web site here /introducing-cats.html

I know it may a bit of a nuisance to have to do this but it will really help all the cats cope with the new situation and could make the whole stay a lot happier for all concerned.

best wishes Kate
http;//www.our-happy-cat.com

Cats

Kate Tilmouth