Cats/Ticks!

Question
My cat has a tick as I keep seeming to pull the body out but not the head and each time it keeps coming back. I have bought a removing scraper from the vet and i have tried to use it but i still think the head is in there. Should I wait until it drops off or wait till it is a reasonable size and then try and get it out altogether. do u have any tips?

thank you!

Answer
Hi
I don't think your cat has a tick. the reaso is that a tick is a living creature and once dead ie the body is pulled off it is dead. yes it is true that the head of the tick can be left in the body but what would happen is an infection, the tick cannot grow back.

So either your cat had a tick and the head was left in and the lump that is growing is an infection or the lump is a growth which keeps growing back.

You really do need to take your cat to the vet for them to take a proper look at the lump.

I hope you can get the lum sorted out soon

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth