Cats/cat

Question
my cat has hair loss starting around the tail and now spreading to his right side he is also licking and biting and scratching like he has fleas should i apply front line or flea powder will this be a safe thing to do?

Answer
Hi
Once fur loss has started it is really advisable to have the cat looked at by a vet first just to make sure what has caused the condition. It could be fleas or some other skin allergy or parasite.

Your cat should be treated for fleas on a monthly basis anyway, so once this particular condition is sorted out, starting a monthly flea treatment is advisable to prevent any future infestation.

best wishes
Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth