Cats/my cat is losing his fur

hi my cat seems to be losing some of his fur around his neck back and legs there a few scabs where the fur is missing is this just from fighting or could there be something else wrong with him he is a very fit and active cat he is roughly 2 years old and is always out.

sounds to me like their could be a skin problem caused either by an allergy or a parasite. Around the neck is a common place for fur to be lost due to either of these problems.
Unfortunately only a vet will be able to diagnose the actual cause and prescribe the correct medication for your cat.

I have written a web page about this problem here for more information /cat-hair-loss.html

Best wishes And a Happy New Year

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.