at what age should i take my kitten to the vet

if they are eating well and are able to go to the toilet and are not showing any signs of illness then it is recommended that you take the kittens for their first vaccinations around 9 weeks.

telephone your local vet for confirmation of this as some vets have different schedules.

I have some pages about kitten care here for your information

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.