Cats/lost cat

we saved a cat from being put to sleep back in june 08. Hes been microchiiped and declawed. How long will cats stay lost? We have signs and ads in paper and online. We live in a wetland area with lots of trees. We miss him any hope. Lost in Tacoma

there is always hope. Cats have been known to go missing for weeks even months and in some rare cases even years.

If they are not neutered then they could be off looking for a mate, if they are they could simply be out there exploring the territory. It has been known for cats to patrol a 1 mile radius territory.

Please see my page about lost cats, i'm sure you are doing every thing you can but don't loss hope. Keep calling him, leaving some food out and you can even leave something of his or yours outside that will have your scent on.

here is my web page

best wishes and I hope he comes home soon

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.