Cats/worms

Question
i have brought my 8 year old cat to my mothers house where they have a kitten that was found outdoors now we are about to deworm her, and my cat has already been dewormed and had all of his shots, if they both use the same kitty litter box than do i have to worry about dewroming my cat again? can my cat catch the worm from the kitten?

Answer
Hi
well I wouldn't recommend that they both use the same litter tray any way. Cats don't like to share a  litter tray because of the other cats smell, so could find that one of them stops using it any way. So if at all possible use two tray anyway.

If your own cat is de wormed then i wouldn' t do it again unless you suspect or see symptoms. usually the de wormed cat will be protected from them anyway.

Often the monthly flea treatment that is given to cats also protects them from some forms of worms as well. So if you are using a monthly flea treatment i wouldn't worry. Even if you are not i would not worry too much, especially if you use two trays.

best wishes Kate#

Cats

Kate Tilmouth