Cats/3x week visiting cat

Question
banjo and Joppy
banjo and Joppy  
Hi thanks for maybe being able to help, my partner and I need to bring her cat Lucy (7yrs old)to my place 3x week until Christmas until they move in. I have 2 desexed chipped male cats, Joppy (6years) grew up here, Banjo (3 1/2)adopted from Animal Ark. We swap nights at each others place and hate leaving our cats alone every alternate night, and would like to bring Lucy over so shes not alone so much. Can you advise if this is advisable or should we wait until after Xmas whne they move in(so she doesnt get too stressed out etc)? Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi
i would definitely recommned waiting until you move intogeather. cats find it very traumatic travelling around and only cats which have been brought up from kittens to travel can do it. You could be letting your cat in for some distress and you with some behavioural issues to cnontend with.

no wait until the move happens and then follow the moving day and then introduction process to help the cats settle down together.

i have information about both of these processes here

/moving-with-cat.html

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth