Cats/Cat Behavioural Problem

Question
One of my cats (Lylie) had a Road Traffic Accident and had to be kept in a cage for the last 7 weeks (as she had a broken rear leg and still has nerve damage to her front left leg).  My other cat (Mia) since the accident has become very aggressive towards the injured cat and having always been a lap cat particularly with me won't sit on my laps anymore.  Will this situation ever be resolved between the 2 cats?

Answer
Hello

This could be a case of aggression truama due to the fact that your cat is still looking, acting and possibly smelling different too. Aggression truama is caused by fear, basically your cat is fearful due to the cahnges in your other cat.

The only thing to try to do is to re build confidence between the two cats, this is done in a slow controlled and calm manner and does tae a little time.

the process is described here

/introducing-cats.htm

I hope your other cat is Ok I know from personal experience that a broken leg in a cat can take some time to recover.

best wishes kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth