Cats/Cat Behavioural Problem

One of my cats (Lylie) had a Road Traffic Accident and had to be kept in a cage for the last 7 weeks (as she had a broken rear leg and still has nerve damage to her front left leg).  My other cat (Mia) since the accident has become very aggressive towards the injured cat and having always been a lap cat particularly with me won't sit on my laps anymore.  Will this situation ever be resolved between the 2 cats?

This could be a case of aggression truama due to the fact that your cat is still looking, acting and possibly smelling different too. Aggression truama is caused by fear, basically your cat is fearful due to the cahnges in your other cat.

The only thing to try to do is to re build confidence between the two cats, this is done in a slow controlled and calm manner and does tae a little time.

the process is described here

I hope your other cat is Ok I know from personal experience that a broken leg in a cat can take some time to recover.

best wishes kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.