Cats/Cats eyes

Question
I have two persian himalayn mixes, one always has the normal eye gunk the other does not but she has started to sneeze and get a brownish color in one eye is she sick?

Answer
Hi
yes it could well be as she is also sneezing. It may be minor cold or perhaps an eye infection. If you have given her the cat flu vaccination at least you should be able to rule that out.

Leave it for a few days (wipe away any gunge in the eye and make sure she has plenty of fresh water to drink to prevent dehydration if does have a cold) and see how she is. If the symptoms get worse then take her straight to the vets for a diagnosis.

I do have a web page about common eye infection etc which you may mind of further interest.

/cat-eye-problems.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth