Cats/Cats eyes

I have two persian himalayn mixes, one always has the normal eye gunk the other does not but she has started to sneeze and get a brownish color in one eye is she sick?

yes it could well be as she is also sneezing. It may be minor cold or perhaps an eye infection. If you have given her the cat flu vaccination at least you should be able to rule that out.

Leave it for a few days (wipe away any gunge in the eye and make sure she has plenty of fresh water to drink to prevent dehydration if does have a cold) and see how she is. If the symptoms get worse then take her straight to the vets for a diagnosis.

I do have a web page about common eye infection etc which you may mind of further interest.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.