Cats/Cats loss weight on his backside

Question
A few weeks ago i had a cat die, we had him for about seven years, a few months ago he went off his food untill we changed to some other brand, over the next few months he started to loss weight on his backside, other than that he showed no signs of being sick, then one day i found him dead outside my frontdoor his eyes and mouth open, what could he have die of. thank you.

Answer
Hi
well there is no way to say for sure but ir could have been cancer, a heart condition or even a thyroid problem. All of these things show as one of their symptoms loss of weight and it is always more noticeable around the rear end.

i am sorry to hear of your loss

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth