Cats/Cats loss weight on his backside

A few weeks ago i had a cat die, we had him for about seven years, a few months ago he went off his food untill we changed to some other brand, over the next few months he started to loss weight on his backside, other than that he showed no signs of being sick, then one day i found him dead outside my frontdoor his eyes and mouth open, what could he have die of. thank you.

well there is no way to say for sure but ir could have been cancer, a heart condition or even a thyroid problem. All of these things show as one of their symptoms loss of weight and it is always more noticeable around the rear end.

i am sorry to hear of your loss

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.