Cats/Food tray

I will put my cat's food tray in two specific areas. When coming home from work his tray will be in a entirely different area. Sometimes I will catch him trying to drag his tray across the room, when I put it back in the regular spot, he will just drag it again. Spilling water everywhere. Why would my cat do this?

cats are very particular about where they eat as they need to feel safe and comfortable when eating. they can feel vulnerable to attack whilst eating, so it may be that he does not feel secure where you place his food and he is trying to move it to somewhere where he does feel safe.

i must admit I have not come across this before but then again cats surprise me every day with their behaviours.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.