Cats/Killing Fleas on Persians

Chloe Ruth
Chloe Ruth  
I simply cannot kill off the fleas on my cream point Himalayan!  I have shampooed her thoroughly, put on a flea collar, applied spray several times and oils.  I even got the clippers and cut her fur down to 3/4" (except for the tail and head, of course)  The only thing I haven't been able to do is the drops.  The first application (after her first flea shampoo bath) gave her a bad, painful reaction of red welts, so I had to wash it off and rub aloe onto her skin.  
We are now 2 shampoos in, several sprays, a flea collar, and she still has the fleas.    I would like to try the drops again, thinking that the reaction she had was due to the shampoo and drop combo in the same day. Maybe if I only used half the amt. of the drop squeezer?  I'm very worried about all the chemicals I'm exposing her to w/ her sensitive skin but don't like to see her itch (not to mention they are eating me alive as well) :(  
Are there flea shots that the vet can administer?

i would always recommend getting the flea drops from your vet anyway. they are far more effective and have been thoroughly tried out with other cats etc. Some of the shop bought ones are little more than smelly oils and do nothing. Also your vet will able to advise about how often to bath her etc after the treatment.

Also you will have to thoroughly de flea your home too other wise the problem will continue over and over.

I have several web pages about fleas and their control, if you read through them all it really doe give you a better over all picture of how they operate which helps you to combat them properly.
here is the first page

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.