Cats/New Kitten

I recently got a kitten from a person on Craigslist and his first day was good...he ate and played and was inquisitive. Today, however, he is sleepy and not eating; it seems that he hurt himself in the night as he is favoring his front left leg. He is also shaking a little until he calms down. I must tell you that I have 2 other cats...mother and child, both females...what should I do?
Thank you for your help...

Hi I am sorry there is no home remedy for this. the best and only thing you need to do is to get him to a vets as soon as possible. you can never be sure if a kitten could be suffering from an illness when they are not rehomed from a animal charity. plus if he has hurt himself he could be in some pain and only a vet will be able to help him.

if no vets are open today try contacting a local animal shelter for advice, they may be able to provide some care.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.