Cats/Possible cyst

My 9 year old cat had a lump removed off his rear thigh last December. It was about 1" in diameter and was fairly flat. The exact shape of a quarter but thicker. He now has another one on his neck by his ear. This one is perfectly round about the size of a gumball. He also has 4 other smaller ones coming up. The pic is of one of the small ones on the top of his head. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I am not a vet but it may be that your cat is prone to non cancerous tumours.

you did not mention what the vet said about the first one. i assume tests were done on it after it was removed to make sure that it was not cancerous.

I would take your cat back to the vet again for some further tests etc. As I say I have heard of some cats like some humans do develop strange but harmless lumps. But it is really bets to have them checked out to be sure.

I hope it can be sorted out or at least diagnosed for you properly this time so that you know what you are dealing with.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.