Cats/Underweight cat

I wonder about a supplement to feed this cat.  Can I create a food, i.e. ground chicken/beans etc that I could feed him in addition to his Iams Low Residue?

my first thought is that if your cat is eating there food normally then there should not be any weight loss and need for suppliment food. So I wonder if your cat may be suffering from a underlining illness such as a thyroid problem etc, it may be worth considering taking him to the vets for a check up.

I do have a page about cat food and home page recipes if you are still looking for ideas on what to feed your cat etc.

here is the page

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.